Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls
2 1/4 tsp. yeast
6 Tbsp. shortening
1 c.+ 1 tsp. sugar
3/4 c. yellow cake mix
7 c. flour (plus more if needed)
2 c. hot water
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. salt
2 sticks butter, softened
2 c. brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 c. yellow cake mix
1/8 c. rainbow sprinkles
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 c. yellow cake mix
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1. Add east to a cup of lukewarm water and sprinkle in the teaspoon of sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Add shortening, 1 cup of sugar and salt to hot water in mixer bowl with the paddle attachment. Cool to lukewarm.
3. Add cake mix and 2 c. flour. Mix until smooth.
4. Add yeast and mix again until smooth; add the beaten eggs.
5. Stir in remaining flour until no more can be mixed in. Knead until smooth and satin. Make sure it doesn't stick to your hands.
6. Cover and rise for 30 minutes.
7. Roll into rectangle - the wider the rectangle, the bigger the rolls.
8. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar, cake mix, cinnamon and sprinkles.
9. Roll up from the long side; seal ends. Cut into 12 pieces. Place in well greased pans. Cover. Let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
10. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 10 minutes more or until golden brown.
11. Mix the icing ingredients, adding enough milk to desired consistency. Frost while warm for a glaze, or cool rolls for a thick icing.