Sunday, March 17, 2013





Corned Beef & Cabbage

4 lb. corned beef
4 c. water
6 oz. Guiness
2 onions

Put your corned beef in a large dutch oven. Add water and beer and then cut up your onions and toss them in. Bring to a full rolling boil.  Then, turn the heat down to low and cover. Let this simmer until tender. About 50 minutes per pound.

About a half hour before it's done, you'll want to add your vegetables. I make it the way my Grandma always did.  The vegetable I use are:
small red potatoes
rutabagas
onions
carrots
cabbage

I didn't put any amounts in here, because you'll want to add what you need to feed your family.

1 comment:

  1. You know what I've never even had corned beef! Looks yummy and simple, though! Thanks so much for coming by and linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty – please send your blogging friends our way, and we hope to see you all on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! If you have a comment about any of the recipes, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. If you're looking for a particular recipe, please leave a note and I'll see if I can find it for you. Thank you and hugs!