Irish Soda Bread with Guiness Butter
4 cups flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
6 Tbsp. butter, cubed
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 Tbsp. caraway seeds
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, caraway seeds and raisins. Cut in butter.
3. Mix the buttermilk with 1 egg. Mix remaining egg with a teaspoon of water; set aside.
4. Add buttermilk to the dry ingredients. Mix on low just to blend. Turn onto a floured board and knead 10 strokes. Please in the greased pan.
5. Brush with the egg wash and cut an "X" in the top with a sharp knife. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Cool. Keep wrapped in plastic wrap.
2 sticks butter, softened
3 ounces Guiness Draught
3 Tbsp. honey
Beat in mixer. Serve on warm bread.
The butter is: