Sunday, September 28, 2014

Applesauce Pancakes with Sauteed Apples


Applesauce Pancakes with Sauteed Apples

2 c. dry pancake mix (or use my recipe below)
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. milk

Stir together pancake mix and cinnamon.
Add eggs, applesauce, lemon juice and milk.
Stir just until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop 1/4 c. for each pancake.
Brown on both sides. Serve hot with sauteed apples.

Sauteed Apples

1/4 c. butter
4 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 c. cold water
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are tender - about 6 or 7 minutes.

Dissolve cornstarch in cold water; add to pan.  Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and serve warm.

Homemade Pancake Mix

4 c. flour
3 Tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. sugar
4 Tbsp. cold butter

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Cut in butter with pastry cutter.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.

2 comments:

  1. I love fruit on my pancakes. I usually use my strawberry syrup, but these apples sound yummy! (I'm an apple-pie-lover, so this is right up my alley!)
    Lynn @ Riggstown Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow do these look good !! My husband loves waffles and pancakes. This will be a keeper recipe for sure. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Making Your Home Sing Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! If you have a comment about any of the recipes, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. If you're looking for a particular recipe, please leave a note and I'll see if I can find it for you. Thank you and hugs!