Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hoagie Rolls





Hoagie Rolls

2 pkg. yeast
3 c. warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. salt
8 - 8 1/2 c. all-purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in 1/2 c. warm water. Add 1 Tbsp. sugar and let stand about 5 min. - until foamy.

Add remaining water and sugar. Beat in oil, salt and 4 c. flour until smooth. Add enough flour (1/2 c. at a time) to make a soft dough. Knead 6 to 8 minutes.

Place in a greased bowl. Let rise 45 minutes or until doubled.

Punch down. Divide into 18 pieces. Shape each into an oval (or however you'd like). Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Cut 1/4 inch slash across the top. Rise at least 20 min.

Bake at 400 for 13 to 18 minutes.  Cool on wire racks.

3 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for a good roll. I will have to give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful recipe! I use it all the time. Sometimes I just make it into regular loaves. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look very good, I love eating buttered rolls, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hi! If you have a comment about any of the recipes, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. If you're looking for a particular recipe, please leave a note and I'll see if I can find it for you. Thank you and hugs!