Thursday, November 20, 2014

Gingerdoodles


Gingerdoodles

Here's another recipe that I can't remember where it came from. Please let me know if it's yours so I can give you credit.

Cinnamon Dough:
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt

Ginger Dough:
3 Tbsp. molasses
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves

1/3 c. sugar

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment.
Combine cinnamon dough ingredients. Beat on low until well mixed. 
Divide in half and place in separate bowls.
Set one aside.

To second bowl, add molasses; mix well.
Add flour, ginger and cloves. Beat on low until mixed well.

Twist 3/4" pieces of each dough together; roll into a swirled ball - about 1 1/4".
Roll in sugar
Place 2" apart on cookie sheet. 
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
Cool 2 minutes on the pan; transfer to rack.

Makes 48.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are wonderful! I've made them for a couple of years now to put in my Christmas gift boxes and everyone loves them. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Hi! If you have a comment about any of the recipes, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. If you're looking for a particular recipe, please leave a note and I'll see if I can find it for you. Thank you and hugs!