Sunday, November 9, 2014

Grandma's Gingerbread


Grandma's Gingerbread

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup molasses
2 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. ginger
1 cup hot water

Cream butter; gradually add sugar, mixing well. Add egg and molasses, mixing well.
Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the hot water - beginning and ending with the flour mixture - beat well after each addition.
Pour batter into lightly greased and floured 9-inch square pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 9 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha,

    I saw your comment on another website about how to start a food blog. Right now I have a giveaway on my website http://traffood.com you will also find a lot of information about how you start a food blog. Tomorrow Im posting another guide to show how to find keywords that will bring traffic to a food blog. If you want justsubscribe and you will get the info. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I signed up for your newsletter. I'm at a point where I can use all the help I can get! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! If you have a comment about any of the recipes, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. If you're looking for a particular recipe, please leave a note and I'll see if I can find it for you. Thank you and hugs!