Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pizza Margherita


Pizza Margherita

Sauce:
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 large basil leaves

Pizza:
1 recipe of pizza dough  Here 
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
8 basil leaves, torn
2 tsp. truffle oil

In a food processor, puree tomatoes, sugar, garlic and the 2 basil leaves.  Pour into fine-mesh strainer, set over a bowl and let drain for 15 minutes.

Using a pizza stone, heat oven to 450 degrees. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce over pizza crust with rubber spatula, leaving 1/2 inch border around edges.  Cook directly on stone for 5 minutes.  Remove.  Add cheese and tomato slices.  Cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is browned.  Remove from oven and carefully lay a paper towel over entire pizza. Lightly pat to absorb any water that comes from cheese.  Spread basil pieces over pizza, drizzle with truffle oil and slice.  Serve immediately.

Serves 2.

2 comments:

  1. I love Margherita pizza is my favorite!! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us at the Home Matters Linky Party. I hope you will party with us again this Friday. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so glad you liked the recipe. It really comes out good! I'll definitely be at the party on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! If you have a comment about any of the recipes, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. If you're looking for a particular recipe, please leave a note and I'll see if I can find it for you. Thank you and hugs!