Pasta and Tuna Salad
1 Tbsp. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
2 cans (13 oz.) tuna, drained
3 tomatoes, chopped
2/3 c. sliced black olives
2/3 c. diced zucchini, if desired
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 lb. rotini, cooked al dente
1 1/2 c. boiling water
2 1/2 Tbsp. chicken bouillon
1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley or 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
1/2 c. fresh chopped basil, or 1 Tbsp. dried basil
black pepper, to taste
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
1. In skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic and onion and cook 10 minutes, or until garlic is lightly browned, stirring often. Set aside.
2. In bowl, combine tuna, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and rotini. Toss to blend.
3. Add garlic and onion mixture. Toss to blend. Set aside.
4. In second bowl, combine water, bouillon, parsley, basil, pepper and cream; blend thoroughly.
5. Pour bouillon mixture over tuna mixture. Toss to blend.
6. Divide lettuce among 8 plates. Top with tuna mixture.