Spaghetti with Pork & Vegetables
1 lb. pork, trimmed and cubed*
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 onion, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped,
2 yellow squash, cubed
6 asparagus spears, cut in 1-inch lengths
2 Tbsp. dry red wine
2 c. water
3 Tbsp. chicken bouillon
2/3 lb. spaghetti, cooked al dente
1. In Dutch oven, brown pork and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Push pork mixture to the side of the pot. Add oil and onions. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add peppers, tomatoes, squash, asparagus, wine and water. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
4. Stir in bouillon. Cover and simmer 10 minutes more.
5. Transfer vegetable mixture to bowl. Add spaghetti. Toss to blend.
*I used leftover shredded pork and it worked fine.