Friday, March 13, 2015

Cinnamon Turnovers




Cinnamon Turnovers

1 box Jiffy pie crust mix
butter, softened
sugar
cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Grease a baking sheet.
Mix up the pie crust as directed.
Roll it out into a large rectangle.
Spread butter over the dough leaving a 1/2 inch edge all around.
Sprinkle with sugar.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Roll it up from the long side. Cut into 12 to 15 pieces.
Set on the baking sheet, cut side down.
Bake for about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them and pull them out when they look lightly browned.

There's no real recipe for these. Mom always made them when she made pies and had leftover dough. Once my sister and I were home from school, they were gone! I hope Mom put some aside for Dad!


4 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy! I'll be trying them out soon! Pinned and followed on G- Friends! Found you on Home Matters Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'll follow you back on G-Friends.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I sure would enjoy one of your Cinnamon Turnovers. Happy St. Patrick’s Day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thanks for linking up at the #HomeMattersParty!
    --Krista, The Quinntessential Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! If you have a comment about any of the recipes, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. If you're looking for a particular recipe, please leave a note and I'll see if I can find it for you. Thank you and hugs!