Fresh Strawberry Cake
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. sour cream
2 1/2 cups flour
12 oz. fresh strawberries (3 cups. whole)
3 to 4 drops red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Cream together butter and sugar; add eggs one at a time; stir in lemon juice. Alternately mix in flour and sour cream.
3. Throw the strawberries in the food processor and pulse a couple of times. Now, stir them into the cake batter.
4. Pour into the bundt pan. Place in oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan - on a rack - for 20 minutes. Then, turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
1 cup strawberries, pureed
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Place pureed strawberries in small saucepan over medium heat. Boil, stirring often until reduced by about half. This should take about 20 minutes. Cool.
2. Beat butter until fluffly; add vanilla.
3. Mix in powdered sugar - 1 cup at a time. If you want the icing thicker, then add more until you get it to the right consistency.
4. Mix in the strawberries. Spread over cake when cooled.
This is a heavy, dense cake. But, it's soooooo good!