Guiness Stout Brownies
1 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter, cubed
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1 cup Guiness Stout*
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa and salt.
3. In a double boiler, melt butter, bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate chips. Remove from heat. Let cool for a bit.
4. Beat eggs and sugar on high until light and fluffly - about 3 minutes. Add the melted chocolate; beat until combined.
5. Mix in flour mixture. Whisk in Guiness by hand. Batter may seem thin.
6. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top. (Some will sink in). Bake for 30 minutes on center rack or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool completely. Cut into 36 or 48 brownies.
*Guiness should be room temperature. Pour early so the foam will settle.
If you don't want to use Guiness, then you can use coffee.
You can also change up the flavor of the chips on top.
As you can tell from the picture, I forgot to put the chocolate chips on top. But, they still came out great! Warm them and put some ice cream on top with a bit of chocolate syrup. Yummy!
I don't know where I got this recipe. If it's yours, then please let me know so I can give you credit.