Deep Dish Oatmeal Fudge Bars
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Put all the filling ingredients in saucepan and melt over medium heat. Set aside to cool.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal. Set aside.
3. Mix butter, eggs and brown sugar. Add vanilla and milk. Slowly add the dry ingredients.
4. Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan. Spread 3/4 of the oatmeal mixture in the pan. Now, pour the chocolate mixture on top and spread to cover. Now, drop spoonfuls of oatmeal mixture on top and try to spread. It won't cover, but it'll spread somewhat when it cooks.
5. Let set while preheating the over to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes. Cover with foil for the last 5 minutes if it looks like it's getting too brown.
6. Cool on rack. Cool completely before cutting or the chocolate will all ooze out.