Vanilla Pudding Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup warm water
2 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 (3 1/2 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. salt
6+ cups flour
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup mini cinnamon chips
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 Tbsp. half & half
1. In small bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, take pudding mix and prepare it according to the package directions. Add butter, eggs and salt; mix well. Add yeast mixture; blend. Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Do not overflour - it should be soft but not sticky. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled - about 1 hour.
3. Roll dough out on a floured board to measure 34 x 21 inches. Spread 1 cup softened butter over the surface. In a bowl, mix 2 cups brown sugar with 2 Tbsp. cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the butter. Then, sprinkle the cinnamon chips over that. Now, from the long side, roll up as tightly as possible. Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices using a serrated knife or thread. Place 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove when they're a nice, golden brown. Don't overbake! Cool.
5. Mix together the Frosting ingredients until nice and smooth. Spread over the rolls while they're still a bit warm. Enjoy!
Makes 24 very large rolls.
Adapted from a recipe at melskitchencafe.com