Six Banana Banana Bread
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. vanilla
6 medium bananas, mashed (2 1/2 cups)
1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 cup mini cinnamon chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Texas-size muffin pan or a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
2. Melt butter; cool. Add eggs, sugars, sour cream and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
3. Add bananas; stir.
4. Add pudding mix, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Spoon enough batter into muffin tins to make them about 3/4 full. Bake for about 28 minutes. For a loaf, pour into pan and bake about 68 minutes. It's done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Tent with foil the last 15 minutes if it's beginning to get too brown.
6. Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Then, turn onto rack to finish cooling.
For Strawberry-Banana Bread
Add a pint of diced strawberries to the batter.
Another variation is for Apple Pie Muffins (bread).
Instead of the bananas, add 2 1/2 cups of peeled and finely diced apples.
Substitute apple pie spice for the cinnamon.
I haven't tried that idea yet, but I will as soon as I can. It just sounds so good!