Bacon Cheeseburger Macaroni
5 slices bacon (I used the thick sliced)
1 lb. ground beef
3 1/2 cups macaroni
1 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
additional 1/4 to 3/4 c. milk, if needed
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
chopped green pepper
chopped green onion
1. In a large pot, cook the bacon until crisp; remove from pot and drain.
2. Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper; drain.
3. In the pot, add macaroni, broth(or water), milk, salt and half the bacon.
4. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 10 min., stirring often. If the cooking liquid is used before the macaroni is done, add additional milk. Make sure the macaroni is al dente.
5. Add 2 cups of the cheese; stir until melted.
6. Garnish with extra cheese, bacon and chopped green onion.