Chicken Pot Pie
Pie crust for 1 pie.
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 bag frozen mixed veggies OR chopped & cooked potatoes, carrots & peas.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9 inch deep pie plate.
2. Prepare your pie crust and roll out two-thirds of it to fit into your pie plate; set aside.
3. In skillet, melt butter; add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Add broth and milk; cook until thickened. Mix in veggies and chicken.
4. Spoon chicken mixture into your pie crust lined pan. Fill it to the top. Roll out remaining crust and lay on top of chicken mixture. Fold crusts together around the edges. Make sure to cut vents in the top crust.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust starts to brown. Cover lightly with foil and bake another 20 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.