ABM Hamburger Buns
1 cup hot water
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 large egg
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. yeast
3 Tbsp. melted butter (for topping)
Sesame or Poppy seeds (optional)
1. Place ingredients in bread machine according to the manufacturers directions.
2. Set on "Dough" cycle.
3. When done, remove from machine and divide dough into 8 pieces. This will make large buns.
Flatten into disks. Each piece should weight 3 3/4 ounces.
4. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush buns with half the butter. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden.
6. Remove from oven and brush with more butter. Place buns on rack to cool.
*8 pieces makes large hamburger buns. You can always divide into more if you want smaller buns.